Open Call in ERA-Net BiodivERsA (FACCE-JPI) - Deadline 16 December 2013 (for pre-registration)
The European partners in the BiodivERsA/FACCE-JPI network have joined efforts to organize and fund a pan-European call for research projects on” promoting synergies and reducing trade-offs between food supply, biodiversity and ecosystem services”
Deadline: 16 December 2013, 17:00 – Deadline for pre-registration (Submission deadline for proposals: 14 February 2014,17:00)
Weblink (URL): http://www.biodiversa.org/578
Short Call Abstract:
The call will address the following themes:
- T1: To what extent can biodiversity better support agro-ecosystems / agricultural production systems in terms of multi-functionality and outcomes in a global change context?
- T2: Which policies and governance systems can promote the emergence and support of agro-ecosystems / agricultural production systems benefiting from and beneficial to biodiversity and ecosystem services?
Research under this call can e.g. be targeted on the follwing topics (T2):
- What are the relevant scales for management of agricultural systems and their biodiversity and for identifying potential trade-offs and promoting possible synergies among them?
- What are the trade-offs/conflicts & possible synergies associated with different governance systems and actors at play, including competition for land use?
- What is the institutional feasibility of agricultural landscape planning to promote biodiversity and reach multi-functionality? For instance, how to address the possible mismatch between the governance systems/policies at different spatial scales, i.e. farm, landscape, river basin, subregion scale in EU and the time scales associated with the delivery of ES?
- Which multi-scale (local actors and national/regional/global institutions) and links to European sectorial policies, and which governance structures can best promote and sustain multi-functional agricultural landscapes better relying on biodiversity?
Specific participation requirements:
PLEASE VIEW THE CALL TEXT FOR ALL PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS!
Pre-registration is mandatory;
The work involves research groups from at least three countries participating in the BiodivERsA/FACCE-JPI call.
The project duration is 3-4 years. Partners with a 3-year limit (e.g. FWF, FCT or SNSF) have indicated so in the national rules advertised on the BiodivERsA and FACCE-JPI websites.
The scope or scale of the proposed research should exceed a single country.