The JPI on Neurodegenerative Diseases (JPND-JPI) has published a call for "European projects for cross-disease analysis of pathways related to Neurodegenerative Diseases".
Deadline: 18 February 2014 (for pre-proposals)
Publication Date: Call opening 2 December 2013
Weblink (URL): http://neurodegenerationresearch.eu/initiatives/annual-calls-for-proposals/open-calls/cross-disease-analysis-2013/
Short Call Abstract:
The aim of the call is to establish a limited number of ambitious, innovative, multi-national and multi-disciplinary collaborative research projects that
- combine experimental approaches from fundamental, pre-clinical and/or clinical with computational approaches
- perform network analyses in different neurodegenerative and other chronic diseases to elucidate the underlying mechanisms common and differing in the investigated diseases
- will add value to existing research by analysing diseases across traditional clinical boundaries, thereby gaining deeper understanding of the patho-physiological mechanisms of the diseases.
The following neurodegenerative diseases are included in the call:
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Parkinson’s disease and PD‐related disorders
- Prion disease
- Motor neuron diseases
- Huntington’s disease
- Spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA)
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA).
Cross-Disease analysis may solely comprise different neurodegenerative diseases or neurodegenerative and other chronic diseases. However, at least one of the above mentioned neurodegenerative diseases must be addressed.
Socio-economic factors, as well as issues such as gender or comorbidities, should be taken into account.
PLEASE REFER TO THE CALL TEXT FOR SPECIFIC PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS!