The newly established Joint Undertaking Bio-based Industries (BBI) has published its first Call for Proposals.
Deadline: 15 October 2014, 17:00:00 Brussels time
Publication Date: 9 July 2014
Participant Portal: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/calls/h2020-bbi-ppp-2014-1.html
BBI Joint Undertaking: http://bbi-europe.eu/
Short Call Abstract:
The Bio-based Industries JU's first Call for Proposals in 2014 includes topics for four of the five value chains, namely
• Value chain 1 (VC1): From lignocellulosic feedstock to advanced biofuels, bio-based chemicals and biomaterials;
• Value chain 2 (VC2): The next generation forest-based value chains;
• Value chain 3 (VC3): The next generation agro-based value chains;
• Value chain 4 (VC4): Emergence of new value chains from (organic) waste;
A number of topics include the following aspects:
- Demonstration of the techno-economic viability
- Assessment of the environmental, economic and social sustainability of the entire value chain on a life-cycle basis
- Proving the economical access to sufficient raw material to set up the new supply chain
- Assessment of the impact of the developed pre-treatment processes on the environmental, social and economic performance of the whole value chain
Specific participation requirements:
Participation requirements are based on the Rules for Participation of Horizon 2020.
PLEASE SEE CALL DOCUMENTS FOR SPECIFIC PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS!